Highlights of the NDA Budget 2014 India:
1. Basic custom duty on LCD and LEDs below 19 inch reduced to zero from 10 per cent.
2. Imported electronics goods to cost more. A cess to be introduced
3. Sugary carbonated drinks to get costlier
Cigarettes, gutkas, cigars to cost more
4. CRT TVs exempted from customs duty to help poor
5. No change in income tax rates; personal income tax exemption limit raised from Rs 2 lakh to Rs 2.50 lakh
6. Propose to increase investment limit under Section 80C from Rs 1 lakh to Rs 1.5 lakh
7. Tax exemption on interest component on housing loan raised to Rs 2 lakh from Rs 1.5 lakh
8. Tax exemption limit for senior citizens changed from Rs 2.5 lakh to Rs. 3 lakh
9. 10 year tax holiday for power companies who start production and distribution on March 31, 2017
10. Revenue deficit pegged at 2.9 per cent of GDP
11. Budget proposes Plan expenditure of Rs 5,75,000 crore for current ficsal.
12. Annual PPF ceiling to be enhanced to Rs 1.5 lakh, from Rs 1 lakh
13. Airports to be developed in tier 1 and 2 cities, 16 new port projects to be awarded this year
14. Investment in NHAI and state highways to the tune of Rs 37,887 crore, including Rs 3000 crore for North East
15. Govt committed to providing 24x7 power supply to all homes: FM
16. Single KYC norms for all financial services and one demat account for all financial products
17. Rs 500 crore for solar power development project in Tamil Nadu and Rajasthan
18. Rs 11,600 cr for developing outer harbour projects Rs 11,600 cr for developing outer harbour projects
19. Mining issues to be resolved on priority
20. Govt proposes to set up 100 smart cities.
Govt to provide Rs 7,060 crore for development of such cities:
21. 20 new industrial clusters announced
22. We will examine proposal to give greater autonomy to banks: FM.
23. Budget proposes 49 per cent FDI in insurance through FIPB route
24. Propose to provide finance to 5 lakh landless farmers through NABARD
25. Manufacturing units will be allowed to sell their products through retail and e-commerce: Jaitley.
26. Committed to sustaining 4% growth in agriculture, extend credit to joint farming groups
27. Rs 500 crore allocated for stabilizing prices of agricultural commodities
28. Rs 3600 cr set aside for National Rural Drinking Water: FM
29. We will examine proposal to give greater autonomy to banks: FM.
30. Budget proposes 49 per cent FDI in insurance through FIPB route
31. Propose to provide finance to 5 lakh landless farmers through NABARD
32. Manufacturing units will be allowed to sell their products through retail and e-commerce: Jaitley.
33. Committed to sustaining 4% growth in agriculture, extend credit to joint farming groups
34. Rs 500 crore allocated for stabilizing prices of agricultural commodities
Rs 3600 cr set aside for National Rural Drinking Water: FM
35. Rural housing: Rs 8000 crore for national housing banking program
36. FM announces development of Metro rails in PPP mode; Rs. 100 cr set aside for metro scheme in Ahmedabad and Lucknow
37. Each year government will be adding AIIMS to ensure there is an AIIMS in every state: Jaitley
38. Rs 100 crores to set up virtual classrooms
39. Rs 500 crores for setting up 5 more IIMs and IITs
40. FM Proposes to enhance the scope of income tax settlement commission
41. Rs 7,060 crore allocated for building new cities
42. Jaitley announces e-visas to promote tourism
43. The government is committed to the welfare of scheduled castes and tribes.
Rs 200 crores credit scheme for start-ups by those from scheduled castes and tribes
44. Government is committed to providing 24x7 electricity in all houses
45. Jaitley announces Skill India, a program to train youth for jobs
46. Equity in PSU banks to be raised through share sale to the public
47. Rural housing: Rs 8000 crores for national housing banking program
48. MGNREGA program to made more productive
49. Women's safety: Rs 100 crores for Beti Bachcao, Beti Padhao Yojana
50. Senior Citizens Pension Plan Extended Till August 2015
51. Aim to achieve 7-8 per cent economic growth rate in next 3-4 years: FM
52. We need to revive growth particularly in manufacturing sector and infrastructure: FM
53. Anti-poverty program will be targeted well.
54. Will leave no stone unturned to create a vibrant India: FM.
55. Should not allow economy to suffer because of indecisiveness and populism: Finance Minister Arun Jaitley
56. Finance Minister emphasizes on fiscal prudence, need to generate more resources
57. Target of 4.1 per cent fiscal deficit is daunting but accepting it as a challenge: FM
58. Defense FDI cap raised to 49% from 26% at present
59. Promote FDI selectively in sectors. India needs a boost in job creation in the manufacturing sector
60. All retro tax cases to be scrutinized by a high-level committee
61. Arun Jaitley said the Budget is a beginning of journey to return to 7-8% growth.
62. Fiscal deficit for 2014-15 pegged at 4.3% and for next year at 3%
63. Poor suffer the most, we have to ensure anti-poverty programs are well targeted.
64. Tax-GDP Ratio Must Be Improved, says Jaitley
65. Can't spend beyond our means, need fiscal prudence.
66. Looking forward to lower inflation