Issue: How to disable taskbar preview in Windows 7
Solution: Please see below.
Method 1: Turn On or Turn Off Desktop Preview Via gpedit.msc
Follow the steps given below to disable the Thumbnail Previews:
1. Click on start and type on search bar gpedit.msc and press enter
2. Now go to User Configuration > Administrative Templates > Start Menu and Taskbar
3. Locate “Turn off Taskbar Thumbnails” in right pan of Group policy editor and double click on it.
4. Now select "Disabled" then click on Apply and OK.
5. Now check your Taskbar, it shouldn’t show Thumbnails Preview .
Method 2: Turn On or Turn Off Desktop Preview Via Show Desktop Button Bar
- Right click on the button bar on the far right end of the Windows Taskbar.
- To turn on Desktop Preview (the default configuration), select Preview desktop on the context menu so that a tick is displayed next to it.
- To turn off Desktop Preview, unselect Preview desktop on the context menu so that the tick is removed.
Note: Taskbar Thumbnail Preview only works when you have Enabled Aero in Windows 7.