Issue: After doing import or restoring from backup the home page gives error as "File not Found"
Solution: This is very generic error. To know more about the issue, enable the details log for error message. Follow the steps below to enable the logging that can give you details obout the error message.
- Navigate Here:
C:\inetpub\wwroot\wss\Virtual Directories\<your web app's virtual directory>
- You can also open IIS
- Expand Sites
- Right click on your SharePoint site
- Choose explore
- proceed to step 2
- Copy and paste the web.config file (making a backup)
- Open web.config using notepad
- Search for “CallStack” , set this equal to true
- Search for “Custom”, set the customerrors = “Off”
- Save the web.config file and refresh your page in the browser
This will give details of error message and you can troubleshoot further.