SharePoint 2013 is the new way to work together. A simplified user experience helps you organize, sync and share all your content. New social capabilities make it easy to share ideas, keep track of what your colleagues are working on, and discover experts you never knew existed.
1. Make sure you have added IIS web server role before you proceed.
2. Click on prerequisite installer from the media
3. It will install following prerequisite. Make sure you are connected to internet as it may download prerequisite from Internet. Or you can download it separately and install it. Recommended is you connect to internet and let it download it.
4. Accept the License term and conditions and click Next. It will download and install the necessary prerequisite
5. Once the partial installation is complete it will ask for restart, Please click Finish button
6. Once the restart is done it will continue to install the prerequisites files
7. Click the setupe.exe file that you got in Sharepoint 2013 Media
8. Enter your product Key
9. Accept the License Agreement
10. Select the Type of installation you want and click Install. ( Make sure you have more than 10 GB minimum free space on the drive you are installing
a. Select “Complete” if you want to add more servers to the farm. This requires that you have separate SQL server
b. Select “Standalone” if this will be the only server in the farm and you are not going to add more servers in the farm. All the services will run on this single server. This will also install SQL server express edition 2008 R2.
11. Once the installation is complete it will run the Sharepoint Configuration wizard. Let the check box remain tick. Click on close button.
12. The wizard window will open. Click Next
13. Check the “Create New Farm” radio button and click Next
14. Provide your SQL server name and the service account that it will use to connect to the database server. This account needs to have sys admin, dbcreator and security admin permission on the database server
15. Next provide the passphrase. Please remember this as it will be use when you add more servers to the farm
16. Choose the Port number for Central Administration and the authentication method. Click Next
17. In this window verify the CA url and the name of the config database. Click Next
18. The Configuration wizard will start to configure SharePoint 2010. Please do not cancel this operation.
19. Once the wizard is complete, you will get success message. Click Finish Button and the CA site will open in the browser. It is recommended that you DO NOT run the Farm wizard now. You should configure farm separately.